These days, getting into debt is easy.
Unfortunately, getting out of debt is not so simple for most people. But you can do, if you go about it the right way.
The first – and by far the most important step – to getting out of debt is to MAKE A COMMITMENT!
Personally, I spent years telling myself how much I wanted to get out of debt. But then something would always happen – a big expense, a change of jobs, you name it.
And even though I really wanted to get out of debt, I never made any real progress. Then one day I finally got so frustrated I said to myself:
“It’s now time to do WHATEVER IT TAKES to get myself completely out of debt!”
And for the first time since I got myself into debt (by maxing out all of my credit cards trying to start a business) I finally figured out the true “secret” to getting out of debt: making the commitment!
So, if you haven’t already made a commitment of your own, do it right now. Decide you’re going to do WHATEVER IT TAKES to get yourself out of debt…and start doing it!
How long will it take you to get out of debt? If you’re like most people (including myself not long ago), too long!
How To Take Action
Once you make this commitment, it’s time to take action.
Write down exactly how you plan on getting out of debt. Here are some questions to ask yourself while developing your plan:
– How can you save money each month?
– What expenses can you eliminate?
– How much more money can you use to pay off your credit card bills faster?
– How can you make some extra money?
– Have you contacted your creditors to request a lower interest rate?
– How can you change your spending habits?
– Have you considered professional help – credit counseling, debt negotiation, bankruptcy – to find out all of your options?
– Are you really committed to getting out of debt?
– When do you want to be completely debt free?
It’s a great feeling being completely free of credit card debt. But it won’t start happening until YOU decide to make it happen!
About the author:
Kris Bickell is the owner of Debt-Tips.com, a helpful site for consumers struggling with credit card debt. For tips on getting out of debt, repairing your credit, saving money, and making extra money online, sign up for the free “Get Out Of Debt Faster” email course at: http://www.Debt-Tips.com/.